Friday, May 21, 2010

3 papers down, 1 more to go!! MM paper was a shocker, but still manageable. I think 50 is a good estimation. ISORG paper was pretty easy but I screwed it up by writing out of context! OTIA paper is famous for its high failure rate (60% annual failure rate), and I could not finish it. Damn.. Hopefully can get 40 or so. Final paper on June 2 - MONEC. Have enlisted Robin's help for this.. Must get at least 50 to hit my 2nd lower.. Pray for me!!


Sometimes when the relationship gets sour, the first thing we will try to do is to resolve the issue. That is natural of course, if you love your partner. Still, there will be people out there who, instead of trying to learn the circumstances of the situation, drove straight into conclusions. Conclusions they made up from lack of information, and of course, rationality.

This will only serve to drive a larger wedge between the couple. I think pride, ego and selfishness are the 3 prime evils in any relationships. Of course there is the element of money, but that is a minor issue.

So when the relationship reaches a boiling point, the next thing that comes is - do we jump ship? Jumping ship is not an easy process. Most of us would say that they do not want to go through the process of knowing another person all over again in the future because it is tiring. True, I agree with them, but to a certain extent. I think what they are more afraid of, is getting over the current one. The effects of him/her in your life right now. The inter-dependecy, the bond the memories. You don't walk away unscathed. In fact you walk away with just as much pain in your heart as your partner.

And going into a new relationship, though the least of your worries, is impacted by the experiences of your previous ones. Bounded rationality. You are afraid, yes. I admit, I am, and that's one obstacle I cannot even clear myself. A new relationship is always a new beginning. No matter how skeptical you get, you will eventually agree on the fact it is refreshing and the sweetness in your heart keeps you going everyday.

So, to leave or not? I think the answer lies with the strength of the bond between the couple, and the courage within you to embrace another world.

No comments: